Kernel partition

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 21 10:54:52 EST 2001

felix at allot.com said:
>  Thanks, David. I know I need some translation layer, and I have a
> driver that provides it. My concern is disk partitioning. Will the
> method I described

> work ? Will I be able to use dd to copy kernel image to kernel
> partition on block device ?

That depends on your translation layer - I assume that'll work. Your
translation layer code must use the gendisk mess to get partitioning to
work. Persuading your bootloader to understand your translation layer
and the partitioning within it, and hence to load the kernel from it, is a
different matter.

--
dwmw2