nflt_format and fdisk ???

SHIKUILIANG klshi_163 at 163.net
Thu Nov 15 09:45:52 EST 2001

Useing a doc2000 device (32Mb) and a kernel v2.4.14.

After insert some MTD modules :
mtdcore docecc doc2000 mtdchar mtdblock and nftl;
I run nflt_format to format my doc2000 chip;
but it complain :Erasesize not 8Kb - I'm confused!

For someone's advice I skip the erasesize check in nftl_format.c.
so nftl_format works well.
but when I run fdisk on /dev/nftla.
it's say :
You will not be able to write partition table.
Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF
disklabel Building a new DOS disklabel.Changes will remain in memory only,until
you decide to write them.After that, of course,the previous content won't be
recoverable.

Command (m for help):

Even if I created a partition and enter "w",the partition also can not be writed
into /dev/nftla.

run nftldump on /dev/mtd0:
NFTL Media Header found at offset 0x00000000:
NumEraseUnits: 2048
FirstPhysicalEUN:0
Formatted Size:33488896
UnitSizeFactor: 0xff
Second NFTL Media Header found at offset 0x00004000
Unit 0 is free
Unit 1 is free

¼Óн£¬ÉýÖ°ÃÜóÅ
http://www.englishtown.com/master/home/courseoverview.asp?etag=TOCN&ctr=cn