Intel protection register read

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 8 07:10:10 EST 2001

cdavies at altera.com said:
> I sent the patch below to this list a few days ago but had no
> response. Has  anyone had a chance to look at it? If its ok, could
> someone apply it?

Sorry. Thanks for retrying :)

> +	unsigned char *ProtRegData;  /* Protection register data bytes */
> 	struct flchip chips[0];  /* per-chip data structure for each chip */

The ProtRegData are per-chip, but you've only left space for one pointer.
What happens when people have arrays of multiple chips side-by-side and/or
consecutively mapped?

Also, isn't it possible to _write_ to the user areas of the chips?

Is this present in all versions of the Intel command sets, or do you need
to check the version number?

--
dwmw2