SC520 CDP - problem with booting from BIOS Flash

Alexander Melichenko AlexanderM at lrpeople.com
Tue May 15 10:33:48 EDT 2001

Hello, Vipin!
I work with AMD SC520 CDP. I use file sc520cdp.c from CVS (written by Robert
Kaiser). It works good when Linux boots from HDD or FDD. I can read/write
into mtd0,... device or work with JFFS placed into mtdblock device.
My root FS (JFFS) is placed into mtdblock0. Now I would like to place kernel
into BIOS-flash (29F040). I followed instructions, written by You.  But I
have some questions. My actions is :

I use lstart16.asm from AMD site with Your modifications.

BOOTCS - DIP
ROMCS1 - 8MHCS
ROMCS2 - 8MLCS

yi
nb0
ns lstart16.abs 7f800
ns zFlashImage 0 (zFlashImage is kernel with assigning root device
mtdblock0).

After reset I see changing some digits on the LEDs but kernel is not
booting.

Why kernel doesn't booting? This kernel boots good ( with root fs into
mtdblock0 ) when I use HDD.
Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Alexander Melichenko