Booting from JFFS2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 15 03:10:45 EDT 2001

baoha at sensoria.com said:
> I would like to partition the Flash into two: (1) boot loader and  (2)
> JFFS2.  Can I put the kernel, zImage, and fs.gz on JFFS2,  and boot
> the kernel from there?

The answer to that question is entirely dependent on the bootloader you
use. But at the moment, I think there are no bootloaders which support this.

There are patches available for Compaq bootldr used on the iPAQ, which make
it capable of loading a kernel from a JFFSv1 filesystem. But nobody's yet
done JFFS2, AFAIK.

We're intending to add this support to RedBoot some time in the near
future, hopefully.

--
dwmw2