Booting Linux on 16 Meg DiskOnChip 2000

David Griffith dgriffith at ccimackay.com
Wed May 9 17:16:57 EDT 2001

Hi Jon,

RTFM! :-)

<whisper>
This is not an mtd issue.
You need to use rdev utility to let your freshly compiled kernel know which
drive/partition you want to load your rootfs from.
If you compile your kernel on your "Big" computer , it will generally point
to your boot device there... move your kernel somewhere else, and you get
the messages that you see.

Somthing like this :
    rdev KernelImageFile /dev/nftla1 (or whatever your mtd device/partition
shows up as in dev)

Then rerun lilo.

I get stung everytime I make a new kernel up for my webplayer. It boots and
.... ah, crud :-)

</whisper>

Regards,
    Dave