MTD and 2.4

Jason Walker jasonw at uswo.net
Fri May 4 19:46:12 EDT 2001

ok, this appears to be working a little better. at least I get different
errors :)
M-Systems DiskOnChip driver. (C) 1999 Machine Vision Holdings, Inc.
DiskOnChip Millennium found at address 0xD0000
Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: E6 (Toshiba blah blah..)
same message 3 more times
4 flash chips found, Total DiskOnChip size: 32mbytes
mtd: Giving out device 0 to DiskOnChip Millennium
M-Systems NAND Flash Transition Layer driver. (C) 1999 MVHI
$Id blah blah blah
mtd->read = c0174410, size = 33554432, erasesize = 8192
NFTL_setup
Cannot calculate an NFTL geometry to match size of 0xfa60.
Using C:1001 H:16 S:4 (== 0xfa40 sects)
Partition check:
	nftla:<6>NFTL_request
NFTL Read request, from sector 0x000 for 0x0002 sectors
Waiting for mutex
Got mutex
NFTL read request of 0x2 sectors @ 0 (req->nr_sectors == 2)
NFTL read request completed OK
end_request(1)
	nftla1
...TCP junk...
request_module[block-major-100]: root fs not mounted
cannot open root device 6401 blah blah blah

So, it ends the same :P
as I mentioned before, it installs to fla1 before, on the 2.2.x kernel that
I don't have the source for...would this be a problem? Also, I am using
dLILO to boot this kernel. lilo.conf is using /dev/fla1...is that wrong? I
have NFTL support, but no FTL support.  I am going to try to make it boot
off of /dev/nftla1 and see what happens. I am not confident it will help
though. thanks for the time!

Jason