Q: interleave logic?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 3 17:43:12 EDT 2001

ebiederman at lnxi.com said:
>  What do we have nasty half incomplete interleave logic all throughout
> the cfi code?

> It looks like it could be done more cleanly with a wrapper around the
> probe code, and a wrapper around the mapping driver.

The chip driver needs to know about the interleave to some extent - it's
got to be able to deal with errors on individual chips in the interleave.
(How well we actually do that at the moment is a different question, of
course.)

I thought the macros that were introduced (by Nico?) were roughly the right
thing. If you have better suggestions, though, I'm interested.

--
dwmw2