RPX Classic/Lite and byte ordering

Tim Bowman tbowman at emware.com
Fri Mar 30 12:43:53 EST 2001

I am having trouble with an Embeddded Planet RPX board.  The mtd layer
seems to be reversing the data by double words.  If I write (then cat)
some text, every double word is reversed.  I can use a cramfs file
system, but I have to reverse the dwords myself before writing it to
flash, then everything works fine.  JFFS and other file systems
obviously don't work, since the data is written by mtd in the wrong
order.  I am doing everything on big-endian machines (PowerPC).

If someone can point me to the right code I would be glad to work on
this.

-TDB