Abstractation

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Mar 9 08:44:28 EST 2001

kd at flaga.is said:
>  I need to add a cfi_cmdset_0003 to support a Intel chip that we have
> in our boards.

You'll probably find it works if you just hack cfi_probe to invoke
cfi_cmdset_0001 instead. See the list archives - this came up quite
recently.

> Why does I as the cmdset writer have to know all this stuff about the
> buswith, number of chips etc?

You need to handle multiple chips interleaved on a wide bus anyway.

Numchips isn't too difficult and by doing it at the command set level we
eliminate the need for external wrapper functions which make multiple calls
to the single-chip version of the access function.

--
dwmw2