mtd with 2.0.4-test6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Mar 6 03:56:24 EST 2001

xde at inventel.fr said:
> In fact, I applied the patch by hand (some modifications were already
> done at the 2.4.0-test6 stage). The kernel seems to feel happy and
> recognizes my flash parts (the driver should be running) ; I have some
> amd standard compatible flashes and want a cramfs on it. Between the
> filesystem and the driver, a layer should be added ; is it correct
> that this would be done by the mtdblock driver ?

Yes. The mtdblock driver would even allow you to put a writable filesystem
on the device, although it wouldn't be particular robust or do any wear
levelling. For cramfs, you could use the mtdblock_ro driver, which doesn't
allow writing to the device. You can then load the cramfs onto it with the
increasingly annoyingly misnamed 'doc_loadbios' program via the character
device.

--
dwmw2