AW: Some bugs

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Mar 3 13:18:13 EST 2001

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Florian Schirmer / TayTron wrote:

> So the problem must be either in the mtd cfi_cmd_set module (not swapping
> while writing data) or somethere in the kernel stuff. Any ideas? This is the
> only true problem at the moment i dont know a good workaround for.

Aha - writew is defined as little-endian. We should be using __raw_writew()
in physmap.c, and possibly mb() after it.

I've committed that change - please test.

> Okay found the problem: EraseRegionInfo[0] is equal at both positions. And
> it's already in correct byteorder in BOTH positions. Swapping the order
> again in cfi_cmd_set_0001 causes the trouble. This results in erase size
> 0x200 instead of 0x20000. So please remove it.

OK, that's applied too, thanks.

> So please can you commit the 3 solved issues to cvs?

The first was already there. The above two just joined it. Please confirm
that the writew change is working.

Thanks.

--
dwmw2