AW: Some bugs

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at
Sat Mar 3 13:18:13 EST 2001

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Florian Schirmer / TayTron wrote:

> So the problem must be either in the mtd cfi_cmd_set module (not swapping
> while writing data) or somethere in the kernel stuff. Any ideas? This is the
> only true problem at the moment i dont know a good workaround for.

Aha - writew is defined as little-endian. We should be using __raw_writew()
in physmap.c, and possibly mb() after it.

I've committed that change - please test.

> Okay found the problem: EraseRegionInfo[0] is equal at both positions. And
> it's already in correct byteorder in BOTH positions. Swapping the order
> again in cfi_cmd_set_0001 causes the trouble. This results in erase size
> 0x200 instead of 0x20000. So please remove it.

OK, that's applied too, thanks.

> So please can you commit the 3 solved issues to cvs?

The first was already there. The above two just joined it. Please confirm
that the writew change is working.

To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe mtd" to majordomo at