JFFS2: endian problem ?

Paolo Marini paolom at prisma-eng.it
Fri Jun 22 06:11:26 EDT 2001

Hi all,
I am trying to have a working JFFS2 on an RPX-CLLF card (Motorola 860, big
endian).

It happens that every time I mount the jfss2, the flash gets formatted. I
dumped the flash block, and the bytes seem to be in the wrong order (e.g.
magic number and nodetype swapped, and also magic number with the two bytes
swapped). I tested it against a jffs2 image build for big endian with
mkfs.jffs2, and the order of bytes is reversed. Reading a flash block
containing e.g. card FW is ok. I am using the latest mtd on a 2.4.2 kernel.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks a lot

Paolo Marini