DOC Millenium not found by docprobe

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 21 19:15:17 EDT 2001

mbutcher at aleph-null.tv said:
> But I wanted to create a single partition, so I followed the steps in
> the  jffs howto and did the following:
> (0: sometimes do an 'erase')
> 1: nftl_format /dev/mtd0
> 2: fdisk /dev/nftla (make one big partition)

You didn't need step 1. We definitely shouldn't be encouraging people to do
that. Just using fdisk to change the partitioning would have been enough.

> 3: mke2fs /dev/nftla

Is this a typo? Having made a partition you then erased it by using mkfs on
the _whole_ device rather than the single partition. That's fine if it's
what you wanted... but...

> 4: mount -t ext2 /dev/nftla1 /mnt

I'm amazed this worked.

mbutcher at aleph-null.tv said:
>  When I used the Millenium Only driver, I got an error from docprobe
> saying  something like "no driver", though I could see it with lsmod.

To use that, you need to undef DOC_SINGLE_DRIVER in docprobe.c

--
dwmw2