safe flash filesystem

Abraham vd Merwe abraham at 2d3d.co.za
Thu Jun 21 09:57:37 EDT 2001

Hi Vipin!

> I have started a project to define the features required for this. Please
> read details at:
> http://www.embeddedlinuxworks.com/articles/db_project.html
>
> I need the same thing for my project. I am sure there are others out there
> that need
> this capability for their embedded systems. It would be nice if all could
> collaborate and come
> up with an open source software that addresses this need.

Exciting stuff. It does address the issues I'm interested in. More
specifically I agree that a driver level system is needed and not a user
layer (otherwise we should be using Sleepycat's db3 which is perfect for
transactional data except that it's not free).

If it's a file system people will actually use it instead of just talk about
it.

Doing this sort of thing properly though is a huge task however and should
be carefully planned.

I'm really interested in helping (if we're talking driver, not user level
process - I don't want to develop a database :P)

--

Regards
 Abraham

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

 Abraham vd Merwe - 2d3D, Inc.

 Device Driver Development, Outsourcing, Embedded Systems

  Cell: +27 82 565 4451         Snailmail:
   Tel: +27 21 761 7549            Block C, Antree Park
   Fax: +27 21 761 7648            Doncaster Road
 Email: abraham at 2d3d.co.za         Kenilworth, 7700
  Http: http://www.2d3d.com        South Africa