CVS updates

Abraham vd Merwe abraham at 2d3d.co.za
Tue Jun 19 03:33:19 EDT 2001

Hi David!

> xde at inventel.fr said:
> >  Does it mean that I can not use do_map_probe("cfi", ...) with
> > 28F160B3 chips ?
>
> ISTR there are some versions of the 28F160 which are CFI-compliant. But if
> you've got the version which isn't, then no, you'll have to implement an
> Intel-specific probe routine for it. You can still hook into the
> cfi_cmdset_0001 back end code to actually _drive_ it though - you only have
> to do a probe routine.

Just btw, if you're looking for an Intel probe routine for the 28F160 chips,
look at the lart driver - I implemented one there which works for 28F160 and
28F800 chips (but then again you could probably use the entire driver as is
as it should work with all 28F{800,160} chips.

--

Regards
 Abraham

Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know
what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
		-- Bertrand Russell

 Abraham vd Merwe - 2d3D, Inc.

 Device Driver Development, Outsourcing, Embedded Systems

  Cell: +27 82 565 4451         Snailmail:
   Tel: +27 21 761 7549            Block C, Antree Park
   Fax: +27 21 761 7648            Doncaster Road
 Email: abraham at 2d3d.co.za         Kenilworth, 7700
  Http: http://www.2d3d.com        South Africa