CVS updates

Erik Mouw J.A.K.Mouw at ITS.TUDelft.NL
Mon Jun 18 08:22:15 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:13:15PM +0200, Abraham vd Merwe wrote:

[note that I didn't have a proper look at your patch yet]

> I've added a standalone driver for the 28F160xx chips on LART. I've also
> removed the LART definitions in the sa1100 maps driver (it's wasn't used in
> anycase and it's obsolete now anyway). Same for the LART endian definitions
> in cfi_endian.h and the cfi chip driver Config file.

Why? If I understood the MTD stuff properly it is layered with the chip
drivers at the lowest level, the maps driver on that, and the device
drivers on top of the maps driver. As far as I can see (and what my
plan was before you started) you only need a new chip driver for LART
and reuse the other parts. Because the LART is an sa1100 design we
should avoid special casing and just use the sa1100 maps driver.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw at its.tudelft.nl