DOC 2000 driver (NFTL) in kernel 2.4.7

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jul 31 16:45:18 EDT 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Alexandru Harsanyi wrote:

> 1) Although I have only one DOC 2000, the DOC driver detects many more
> (see dmesg below)

Note the word 'possible'. Turn on CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE_55AA

> 2) The DOC driver detects 3 flash chips, I only have one

One DiskOnChip. Three flash chips in it.

> 3) (and this is the show stopper) The NFTL driver is not able to find a
> boot record on the DOC. This is strange because I'm actually booting
> from the DOC.

That's odd. Update to the latest code from CVS, although I'm not sure it
should make a difference, and put lots of debugging printks in
find_boot_record() in nftlmount.c so it tells you why it rejects the
header blocks it finds.

--
dwmw2