JFFS2 Stability problem!

Vipin Malik vipin.malik at daniel.com
Mon Jul 16 10:37:26 EDT 2001

David Woodhouse wrote:

> fgiasson at mediatrix.com said:
> >       I found a stability problem that looks like a flash space leak while
> > running intense test case with JFFS2.
>
> Definitely looks like a leak. Does the space come back after an unmount and
> remount?

[root at elan /root]# rm -rf /mnt/jffs2/*

[root at elan /root]# df
/dev/mtdblock1            8192      2544      5648  31% /mnt/jffs2

[root at elan /root]# umount /mnt/jffs2/
[root at elan /root]#
[root at elan /root]# mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt/jffs2/
[root at elan /root]#
[root at elan /root]# df
/dev/mtdblock1            8192      1284      6908  16% /mnt/jffs2

[root at elan /root]#

Hence Yes!

Vipin
P.S. I also got some strange (debug type) messages from JFFS2 on the terminal I
was running the program at, but NOT on the serial console (why?)
I sent those to Frederic. I don't have access to those here, but maybe Frederic
can forward them to you. It may help decipher what is going on.