Bad Magic

Harris Landgarten harrisl at samsungcctvusa.com
Tue Jul 3 12:17:58 EDT 2001

I am using JFFS2 as the root and only file system on a custom embedded
arm system. Everything seems to work properly after boot but I am
getting a bad magic message and JFFS2 scan right after JFFS2 loads but
before the root filesystem is mounted. This image file was built using
mkfs.jffs2 with pad=full size of the MTD partition. This was done on an
X86 platform.  The image file was then flashed to the proper location
using my bootloader and tftp. None of this seems to be effecting
operation of the filesystem but I was concerned about the messages.

Harris Landgarten