DiskOnChip DIMM support.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jan 24 11:47:46 EST 2001

Somewhat belated note... as well as support for the DiskOnChip 2000
and Millennium, the official release of the 2.4.0 kernel also appears to
support the DiskOnChip DIMM. I'd suspected this, but didn't actually have
any hardware with which to test until this morning.

The only thing that's missing, that I'm aware of, is support for the larger
DiskOnChip 2000 devices - 72MiB upwards. That's almost trivial to do, and
there's 5 of the beasts now sitting on my desk calling to me, so it should
happen RealSoonNow(tm).

Thanks to M-Systems for providing me with sample hardware.

If pushed, I'd call the code in 2.4.0 'late beta'. I'm not aware of any
outstanding problems with it, but I'm not yet satisfied with the amount of
testing that it's received. If you use it, please report your status -
either success or failure - to mtd at infradead.org.

--
dwmw2