compiling DOC

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jan 24 10:42:57 EST 2001

I first dabbled in DOC about a year ago, successfully making the modules,
etc.  I've been monitoring the email, and thought it would be easy to get
the code compiled into the kernel to boot from DOC.

I went back through the archives.

I downloaded several different kernels to match the patches available
through FTP.  Here is what I have tried:

1)  "Just download the big tarball and drop it on top of your kernel tree".
Well, that didn't work.

2) Download 2.2.16 kernel.
untar mtd-20000704
modify patchin.sh because it didn't work out of the box
execute patchin.sh
patch -p0 -d /usr/src/linux <mtd-patch-2.2.16
It all eventually went without errors, but I still can't get a make
menuconfig to come up with the prompt to compile the MTD drivers.

I tried with 2.4 kernels as well.  I know you guys are busy, but I would
like a little cookbook help to be able to compile a kernel, and then boot
off DOC.

Thanks.