CFI ident problems with AMD chips.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jan 2 17:30:06 EST 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Alice Hennessy wrote:

> > Is there some way to tell the top-boot parts apart from the bottom-boot
> > parts?
>
> In the Am29DL322D/323D/324D spec, there's  a Top/Bottom Boot Sector Flag at
> the end of the Primary Vendor-Specific Extended Query at address 4F (word mode)
>
> where 02 = bottom, 03 = top.   I haven't tried it  yet.

Ah - hadn't found that bit, thanks. I'll poke at it in the morning.

So, are the chips violating the CFI spec by recording the blocks in a
strange order, or does the CFI spec not actually guarantee an _ordering_
on the erase regions? It's not clear which is the case - either way,
_someone_ seems to be on crack here.

--
dwmw2