Unable to mount compressed root f/s because init_mtd() does n ot r egister block device!

Vipin Malik vmalik at danielind.com
Thu Feb 22 16:32:54 EST 2001

Success!! Well sort of ;)

After a terrible hack of explicitly calling rd_load() again at the end of
init_mtdblock(), forces the ramdisk stuff to look for the compressed root
file system again. This time it
finds it (now that mtdblock has registered the block device) enabling the
root file system to be loaded and be mounted!

This proves for sure that that is the only issue left to boot compressed root
file systems off raw flash. Once we figure out how to force init_mtdblock()
to be linked in
before the ram disk stuff, we would be set.

David? :_)

Vipin