Problems with cfi_cmdset_0002.c

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Thu Feb 15 06:01:54 EST 2001

> jonas.holmberg at axis.com said:
> > +	if (!bootloc) {
> > +		if (cfi->id & 0x80) {
>

> If possible, we should be checking the version number of the
> query table,
> and using bootloc if the version number is equal to or
> greater than the
> version at which the bootloc field was defined. If it's undefined, it
> doesn't have to be zero.

I cannot find any info on relationship between CFI version numbers and bootloc. I looked through the CFI 1.0 and 1.1 spec, but found nothing. Does anybody know? Otherwise my suggestion is still "if (!bootloc)" until proven wrong. I think it's safer than "cfi_version < 1.1". What do you think?

> I'd like to keep this kludge wrapped in an ifdef just to make
> sure it's
> easy to disable it if necessary. It can be left on by default.

Okidoki.

/Jonas