cfi_probe module usage count when insmod physmap.o fails

Vipin Malik vmalik at danielind.com
Tue Feb 13 12:57:33 EST 2001

When insmod physmap.o fails, it does not decrement the usage count of
cfi_probe.o

This results in an ever increasing usage count for each "try" of insmod
physmap.o

The problem that I encountered is that trying to unload cfi_probe module
to add some debug printk's was not possible.

I solved the problem with an extra line in physmap.c right before it
exits because do_cfi_probe() failed that decrements
the cfi_probe module usage count as thus:

 inter_module_put("cfi_probe");

This works. Anyone see any problems with it? If not can we change
physmap.c with this change?

Thanks

Vipin