Problems with cfi_cmdset_0002.c

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 13 04:17:16 EST 2001

jonas.holmberg at axis.com said:
> I have two AM29LV160D one top and one bottom boot and the both say
> bootloc==0 :(

One of these days I really am going to painfully slaughter a hardware
designer. The engineers at an unnamed company who decided to route the
PCMCIA socket's interrupt line to a general purpose I/O line on the SH3 CPU
without any possibility of generating an interrupt were prime targets a few
weeks ago. AMD are in that spot now. Strange - the chip manufacturers are
generally more clueful - it's the monkeys who glue them together who
usually screw it up (present company excepted :)

Is there _any_ difference between these chips which is detectable without
actually trying to erase the damn things and observing how much data gets
removed?

--
dwmw2