inter_module borken in 2.2.18 ?

Vipin Malik vmalik at danielind.com
Mon Feb 12 11:01:28 EST 2001

I had the same problems with the 2.2 series of kernels. Modules DO NOT WORK (at
least did not for me).
I also could not find a intermodule patch for the 2.2.18 kernel.

I just moved on to 2.4.1 where things seems to compile ok (as modules- which is
what I wanted to do while
I was testing stuff).

There was one other issue:
in nftl.c (ver 1.66) line 624, there seems to be a typo. The define
MTD_DEBUG_LEVEL_1 should really be MTD_DEBUG_LEVEL1

When I made the change in my local copy of the file, it compiled ok (and seems
to work).

There were some other issues that I encountered while testing (with DOC2000),
that I'll detail in a later e-mail.

***
David Woodhouse,

I'm working with Both CFI raw flash (with jffs) and DOC2000 (w/ ext2 and if
possible jffs). Is someone writing
a HOWTO? I am willing to start one (with a FAQ) (and maintain it for a while)
if you guys will put it on the site (and/or CVS).

Vipin Malik

Sr. Design Engr.
Daniel Industries
Houston, TX.