Porting JFFS II to 2.4.6

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Dec 20 06:01:06 EST 2001

Hi!

> I like to get some expert advice.  We have frozen our development platform
> at kernel version 2.4.6 for months now.   And we like to port the latest
> JFFS II source code from 2.4.16 to 2.4.6.
>
> I noticed that there are some structure changes in fs directory from 2.4.6
> to 2.4.16.  What is the most effective way to do the porting ?
>
> 1) Do we just port the JFFS II code from 2.4.16 to 2.4.6 ??

Yup, do that and see, what all breaks. Then fix those parts and you
did it.
The best way would be to create a patch from 2.4.6 to 2.4.16 for the
jffs2 stuff exclusively, read it and see, what might/will break. You
might want to upgrade the mtd code as well, for obvious reasons.

Jörn

--
The next best thing to having good ideas is recognizing
good ideas from your users. Sometimes the latter is better.