Slightly confuzed...

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Dec 11 18:44:21 EST 2001

I'm working on building a kernel with the latest patches from the FTP site,
and digging through the code from CVS, but I've got a (hopefully simple)
question:

Which driver should I use for "conventional" (at least to me :) Atmel parts,
like the 29C010, 29C040, etc?  Everything I've looked at so far in the code
seems to want to talk to a DiskOnChip or the "wacky" CIS type flash (and
predecessors) you have to send commands to.

Or is using the 29Cxxx series flash so simple the code is left as an
exercise for the reader?  ;-)

Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net