JFFS2 is broken

Frederic Giasson fgiasson at mediatrix.com
Tue Aug 14 13:57:04 EDT 2001

My other program running at the same time is my testcase which fills JFFS2
to 80% with various files, deletes them and continue to do on.  The Jitter
given by JitterTest is 5 seconds, and my testcase now takes 63 to 65 seconds
to complete, compared to 38-43 seconds when it runs alone.  It looks
resonable to me because 2 applications accesses JFFS2 at the same time.

I removed my schedule()'s and I gathered the new erase.c on the MTD before
doing my tests.

There is something else that I did and maybe you did'nt.  In my chip driver,
I put a "if( current->need_resched ) schedule();" in these fonctions:
atmel_0001_write(), atmel_0001_read() and atmel_0001_erase_varsize(), which
are the functions called by mtdblock driver through the mtd_info structure.
I put schedule()'s because I though that if an application request a write
of 1MB to JFFS2, atmel_0001_write() would not return until that 1MB of data
was compressed and written to JFFS2.  Same thing for read and writes.

Frédéric Giasson