Applying MTD to 2.2.x kernel, with more info

Patrick Allaire pallaire at gameloft.com
Tue Aug 14 09:16:58 EDT 2001

I am not sure I understand what you are telling me ... I am currently
compiling on 2.2.18 so I dont need the patch to call init_mtd ? So whot do I
need to change in mtdcore.c ?

here is the process I followed to compile the kernel :

-untar-unzip kernel 2.2.18
-made asm symbolic link
-applied the MTD patch : mtd-patch-2.2.18-20001218-2230GMT.bz2
-downloaded CVS version on MTD
-updated MTD with script : ./patchin.sh /usr/src/linux
-added your patch for the request_module
-now it hang on init_mtd ...

those problems I am having seem related to modules, but I am compiling in
the kernel.

once again thank you for your time.

Patrick Allaire
mailto:pallaire at gameloft.com
If you can see it, but it's not there, it's virtual.
If you can't see it, but it is there, it's hidden.
It you can't see it and it isn't there, it's gone.