Power blackouts and brownouts

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Apr 28 06:34:45 EDT 2001

ds at schleef.org said:
>  This is also a problem for soft-reset.  (Been there, dont that.)
> That's why the Sharp chip driver always puts the chips into read mode
> after checking the status.  I believe at least one of the other chip
> drivers don't do this.

This bit me too, on suspend/resume. We now have MTD suspend/resume
functions which deal with that case.

Incidentally, is there any particular reason why the functionality of the
sharp driver shouldn't be provided by a more generic version of the Intel/
Sharp CFI commandset driver? Once we fix up the probe, of course.

--
dwmw2