JFFS usage question

Chester_Szczepucha at 3com.com Chester_Szczepucha at 3com.com
Wed Apr 25 14:36:01 EDT 2001

Guys,

I do not understand all the issues involved, so please bear with me.
I've got a FLASH that is partially occupied (start and end) with non JFFS stuff.
In the middle I've got some room
where I'd like to put JFFS.

After
mount -t jffs /dev/rom0 fl
Flash scan completes with 2 hexdumps and afterwards
I get repeated complaints from garbage collector regarding lack of oldest node.

My intent was to create an empty file system where I could store some files for
persistance.

Could you please tell me if that makes sense?
Would you be able to suggest some reading or otherwise help me?

Chester