JFFS2 as root FS

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Sun Apr 22 21:52:23 EDT 2001

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 10:22:08PM +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se said:
> > > In the mean time I would appriciate any pointers to fix the endian
> > > problems in mkfs.jffs2 and how to disable compression in JFFS2(can
> > > that  be done with mkfs.jffs2?).
> >
> > David Schleef gave me patches to do byteswapping the other day. I
> requested
> > some cleanups but his code was perfectly usable as it was.
>
> Sure would like to lay my hands on that code ...

I just checked it in, along with a man page describing the various
options as I understand them.  I also wrote a little shell script
that creates a test filesystem and compares it to a reference
filesystem.  The reference filesystems were created on i386 and
powerpc hosts before I made the endianness changes.  The limit
of my testing is creating a BE JFFS2 filesystem on an i386 and
comparing it to the reference filesystem -- they were identical,
so I called the operation a success.  I'll check in the test
script in the next couple days.

dave...