Elan SC520 - problem with MTD

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 17 18:16:35 EDT 2001

vipin.malik at daniel.com said:
> Well, that's assuming that the same regs are used by the different
> boot utilities to decode the FLASH banks. There are 15 different regs
> to do this job. You can use any 2!

> I guess that it could be done, you run though all 15 and (looking at
> the bits) first figure out which reg is used for the FLASH CS, then
> which address it's decoding the flash at.

> Urgh!

OK, I wish I hadn't asked now :)

I think I'm just going to stick my head in the sand on this one and accept
what I'm given. It's just a leafnode driver, and I really can't keep
track of them all unless they're doing something particularly naughty.

If AMD see fit to provide me with a new map driver and an explanation of
why it either obsoletes or complements the existing one, I'll include it.

--
dwmw2