CFI with 4 x8/x16 devices on a 32-bit bus

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Thu Apr 12 09:52:44 EDT 2001

Hi

I been all the time wrong! I just discovered that hexl-mode i emacs is
broken!
Emacs in hexl-mode displays 81ff81ff81ff ... and od -x says fffffff ...

Sorry about that.

While I am at it perhaps someone can enlighten me somewhat ...

I am a bit confused about how add_mtd_device() and add_mtd_partitions()
work.
Looking in nora.c it looks like you can partition a flash by doing
a few calls to add_mtd_device() with different offsets, but if you can do
that with add_mtd_device(), what's the point with add_mtd_partitions()?

I am missing something here, can someone explain when and how you are
supposed to
use these two functions?

 Jocke