Proc stuff

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 5 12:33:41 EDT 2001

ian.nelson at echostar.com said:
>  Maybe the solution is to create a /proc/mtd directory and then have a
> few different files in there which can either be generic or specific.
> There are other places in the kernel that do this so it's un
> unprecedented.  /proc is nice and easy to read so you can build
> scripts and simple things to read it. An ioctl could also work.

/proc is nicer, if we really have to do it. How about /proc/driver/mtd/$n,
each one containing something along the lines of...

name: "blah"
size: 0x1000000
erasesize: 0x10000

The standard lines can be provided by a generic function, and we add a
proc_filler method to the mtd_info stucture which overrides that to allow
you to do whatever else you want.

Actually, mtdfs is probably nicer than adding yet more cruft to /proc.

--
dwmw2