Intel Strata Flash (Question)

S A McConnell samcconn at cotw.com
Fri Oct 20 09:57:20 EDT 2000

I have been having some problems erasing and programming a 32-Mb Strata
Flash

Every once in a while after issuing a command I get 0x80ffff in the
status register. This of course causes my software to believe the
command has finished and that every possible error that could occur has
occured.

For example, here is some output from a 'software' chip erase.

Erasing block: 0x0
Erasing block: 0x40000
Erasing block: 0x80000
Erasing block: 0xc0000
Erasing block: 0x100000
***Error: Program or set error. Status= 0x80ffff
***Error: Clear or erase error. Status= 0x80ffff
***Error: Voltage range error. Status= 0x80ffff
***Error: Device protection error. Status= 0x80ffff
Erasing block: 0x140000
Erasing block: 0x180000
Erasing block: 0x1c0000
Erasing block: 0x200000