XIP kernel + MTD polling interest

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Nov 28 09:08:22 EST 2000

shane at agendacomputing.com said:
>   What I'm really wondering is whether I should move to make patches
> off of the present versions of cfi_probe.c, cfi.h, cfi_cmdset_0001.c,
> or whether I should just fork them?  (Basically, it follows the same
> logic, I just use macros to build copies of functions in memory also
> the code gets messy because I can't use else, can't use switch, and
> can't use return until the bottom of the function.  Also can't use
> printk, or any kernel function while the flash is in query, or write
> mode)

If it can be cleanly merged with macros then it's probably worth doing.
Otherwise, it's best to fork it. The former is preferable.

Show me the code. Do you have a filesystem working XIP from flash yet?
I'm about to start looking at hacking romfs to prepopulate the page cache
with pages directly from the flash chip.

--
dwmw2