MTD on intel 28F320B3 flash memory

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Nov 17 11:29:06 EST 2000

nico at cam.org said:
>  But then you have problem with concurent access to the chip... unless
> the code is tweaked so both mtd devices share the same spinlock and
> wq.

Upon further consideration...

They can just be different 'partitions' of the same underlying device - they
only appear as two separate devices to the upper layers - just like normal
MTD partitioning.

All we have to do is make the erase routine aware of the nature of the
chip, and make sure it correctly erases the correct amount of data,
according to the length passed in as part of the erase request. We have to
do that anyway, even in the case where we want to pretend it's all 64KiB.

Then it doesn't matter if the registered MTD partitions actually have
different erase sizes.

--
dwmw2