Big Endian/Little Endian headache in cfi_cmdset_0002.c

mark.langsdorf at amd.com mark.langsdorf at amd.com
Thu Nov 16 17:15:22 EST 2000

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 mark.langsdorf at amd.com wrote:
>
> > > In data writes and reads, endianness should not be a concern
> > > except for the unaligned bytes which should follow the
> > > cfi_cmdset_0001.c code example instead of the assumption of
> > > a particular endianness that exists now in
> cfi_amdext_write_bytes_32.
> >
> > 	I'm not sure what you mean - as far as I can tell,
> > cfi_cmdset_0001.c does deal with endianness except in 3
> > specific incidences, ...
>
> Could you please point them out so I could fix them please?
> AFAIK cfi_cmdset_0001.c is completely endian aware.

	My mistake.  That should say "cfi_cmdset_001.c
doesn't deal with endianness except in 3 specific
incidences": setting the erase size (which cfi_cmdset_0002.c
does not currently do correctly right now) and setting
the Feature Support and BlkStatusRegMask (which
cfi_cmdset_0002.c doesn't support).
	AFAIK, cfi_cmdset_0001.c handles endianness
appropriately.  It doesn't do much with it, though, and
I wanted to be sure that we should take the same
approach for cfi_cmdset_0002.c.  Which it looks like
we should - the correct patch is to remove all the
references to endianness.

Mark Langsdorf
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc             Tel: 512.602.3756
5204 E. Ben White Blvd. M/S 590         Fax: 512.602.5051
Austin, TX 78741                        mark.langsdorf at amd.com