Big Endian/Little Endian headache in cfi_cmdset_0002.c

mark.langsdorf at amd.com mark.langsdorf at amd.com
Thu Nov 16 14:41:02 EST 2000

> In data writes and reads, endianness should not be a concern
> except for the unaligned bytes which should follow the
> cfi_cmdset_0001.c code example instead of the assumption of
> a particular endianness that exists now in cfi_amdext_write_bytes_32.

	I'm not sure what you mean - as far as I can tell,
cfi_cmdset_0001.c does deal with endianness except in 3
specific incidences, two of which cfi_cmdset_0002.c doesn't
use and the third which we don't currently implement (but
should, and probably could trivially).
	Is there something else I am missing, or can I take
all these endian references out of my code with a clear
conscience?

Mark Langsdorf
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc             Tel: 512.602.3756
5204 E. Ben White Blvd. M/S 590         Fax: 512.602.5051
Austin, TX 78741                        mark.langsdorf at amd.com