Detecting the Disk-On-Chip 2800

Ollie Lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Sun Nov 12 19:24:25 EST 2000

Adam Agnew wrote:

> Is it common to be unable to detect the DOC after you've flashed a bios to
> it? Can you get around that by explicitly stating the the memory address
> and length for it?
> - Adam Agnew

Adam,
	You should ask me directly, that is what I did to the driver ;-). The
original firmware (IPL) in the DoC has 0x55AA signature in it. So the driver
probe for it to determine if there is a DoC on the bus. After we reprogramming
the IPL area, the signature is gone. You should CVS update your MTD source
tree and reconfigure the kernel. There are two options, one is PROBE_HIGH,
which will probe high address (near 4GB) rather than log address (under 1MB)
for DoC. The other is PROBE_55AA, which probe the signature. If you are playing
LinuxBIOS with SiS 630, please choose PROBE_HIGH == y, PROBE_55AA = n.

Ollie