corruption with mtdblock

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 9 06:34:54 EST 2000

dwmw2 at infradead.org said:
>  Upon further consideration, it may be cleaner (at the cost of
> _slightly_ higher io_request_lock contention) just to _not_ drop the
> spinlock between finishing one request and checking to see if the
> queue is empty.

'further consideration' is all well and good - but upon consumption of
generous quantities of coffee, it occurs to me that this doesn't protect us
from eating the first request on the queue if one arrives while the kernel
thread is still initialising itself.

Defining a QUEUE_PLUGGED macro isn't that ugly, is it?

--
dwmw2