mtdblock module & I'm Back again

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 2 05:09:52 EST 2000

gschallert at dawning.com said:
>  2)  What does mtdblock.c actually do? If I load mtd.o, mapped.o, and
> mtdblock.o  what additional functionality do I need to program to get
> a minix file system on the flash chips?

You don't need 'mapped.o' which is going to go away fairly shortly.

You need to ensure that 'jedec.c' both works and supports the interleaved
arrangement of your flash chips.

Then you need to provide a 'map' driver through which it can access the
chips. If the flash chips are linearly mapped into your physical address
space, then physmem.c is a good place to start.

--
dwmw2