MTD CVS update: 'mtd/include/linux sysdep-2.1.h sysdep-2.2.h'

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 19 05:47:42 EDT 2000

eauth at infradead.org said:
> An attempt to support 2.0 and 2.1 kernels for uClinux  and other
> systems where the latest kernel is not used. Until now, only the MTD
> core modules, mtdram.c and ftl.c are converted. The changes are
> centralized in the file sysdep-2.2.h.

I'd rather this were done with the file linux/compatmac.h which has been
introduced for this purpose into 2.2.15

I'd also like to do without constructs such as...

+#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,2,0)
        if (mtd->module)
 	       __MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT(mtd->module);
+#endif

In the 2.0 compatmac.h, we can simply define __MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT() to do
nothing, instead of making the check in mtd.h

--
dwmw2