Write support

Patrick Higgins phiggins at transzap.com
Wed May 17 17:33:52 EDT 2000

I've finally gotten everything to compile and boot correctly, but now I
find that write support seems to have some problems.  The first is that I
can't mount the filesystem read-write in the first place--I have to mount
it read-only and then remount it read-write.  I suspect this is
intentional.  However, after remounting read-write, I start getting these
types of messages:

end_request: I/O error, dev 5d:01 (unknown), sector 4
end_request: I/O error, dev 5d:01 (unknown), sector 10
end_request: I/O error, dev 5d:01 (unknown), sector 12
end_request: I/O error, dev 5d:01 (unknown), sector 536

I find that if I create a file, it will show up in ls output until a round
of "end_request: I/O error" messages show up, after which point it will no
longer appear, but I am still able to cat the file correctly.

The driver also detects two Disk on Chips, although I only have one, as
seen in the following console output:

Main: Initialising MTD Drivers
M-Systems DiskOnChip driver. (C) 1999 Machine Vision Holdings, Inc.
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID C3 found at 0xc8000
DiskOnChip 2000 found at address 0xD8000
3 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 24 Mb
DiskOnChip 2000 found at address 0xDA000
3 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 24 Mb
M-Systems NAND Flash Translation Layer driver. (C) 1999 MVHI
$Id: nftl.c,v 1.29 2000/05/04 08:41:52 dwmw2 Exp $
NFTL capacity reduced for geometry reasons from bba0 to bb80 sectors
Partition check:
 nftla: nftla1
NFTL capacity reduced for geometry reasons from bba0 to bb80 sectors
 nftlb: nftlb1

Am I missing anything obvious?