ext2_lookup() and i_count

Sébastien Côté scote1 at Matrox.COM
Mon May 15 09:28:24 EDT 2000

Alexander Larsson wrote :

> I have huge problems with rm (unlink). If i unlink a file i've recently
> read i get a BUG() in clear_inode() in fs/inode.c. See my posting to
> linux-kernel for more info.
> Otherwise i haven't done much testing, I've mainly done separate testing
> of each function as I've implemented them.

I tried to unlink a file after reading it and, even though the file gets
unlinked without any error, most of the files on the filesystem got
screwed up.

In kernel 2.2.14, clear_inode() is a bit different :

void clear_inode(struct inode *inode)
{
	if (inode->i_nr_pages)
	    truncate_inode_pages(inode,0);
	wait_on_inode(inode);
}

This would explain the fact that I didn't get any BUG().

--
Sébastien Côté