next step

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 3 09:39:28 EDT 2000

rmoya at tsai.es said:
>  After my problems compiling, I've successfully compiled all the MTD
> files, and now I boot my system from the zip drive and I can even
> 'fdisk /dev/nftla'.

Excellent.

> So, now I have to put the system in the zip drive into the DOC. What
> steps do I need? I've been thinking about:

> fdisk /dev/nftla -> and create a unique partition for linux

yes.

> dd if=/dev/sda4 of=/dev/nftla1

It's probably best to use dump/restore rather than dd.

> /sbin/lilo -> should I use the patched LILO I suppose?

I assume so - I haven't tried it. I'm working on fixing Grub instead.

> Another thing: it is impossible for me to subscribe to the mailing
> list with my new email address. I always get a response like the
> following:

<<< 550-above.net has multiple open relays and has blocked the ORBS tester.
<<< 550 mail from 208.184.88.8 rejected: administrative prohibition

See http://www.orbs.org/ and possibly change your ISP. You can send mail
directly to me by using the address David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com, which will
only warn about the blacklisting, not bounce the messages.

--
dwmw2